Thursday, December 6, 2007

My love affair with the Outlander series

Rereading a favorite book is like visiting with an old friend. Which is why I've begun rereading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I read the first three books of the Outlander series in 1995 and loved them so much, I reread the three immediately upon completion. I was thrilled a few years later to stumble upon the fourth and fifth books in a bookstore. I'd no idea the books were a continuing series. Now that a seventh book is in the works, I thought now would be a good time to re familiarize myself with the story and characters I so love. With any luck, I will finish rereading the sixth just as the seventh is published and it will be one seamless story. Then I can cry when I finish it. I hope the seventh book will not end the Outlander series, but it will surely be the last book for awhile.

No comments: