Monday, December 31, 2007

Candy, Candy, Candy

Uck, I think I gained ten pounds this Christmas and it's mostly my own fault. I can feel my hips and bootie expanding just thinking about all the candy I made, and taste tested of course, the last two weeks.





My mom usually makes the christmas candy but after 35 years, she grew tired. I now know why of course. I made six batches of this candy for Christmas day, and office potlucks and to give as general gifts. Six batches is about 560 pieces of candy. Five hundred and sixty pieces that I dunked into melted chocolate chips, with a toothpick, one piece at a time!
I have no idea how she did this all those years with two kids but now I know why she looked so tired as she did it! It was fun, I enjoyed it and the best part is delivering it to a friend who enjoys eating the candy, but it was a lot of work. Of course, I'm already planning on making even more batches next year.


1 comment:

Katie said...

I know the feeling - I spent an entire day making biscotti. But your stuff looks fantab!