Saturday, April 12, 2008

Redecorating Project

Ahhh, what a difference a little redecoration makes. It was a small project that impacted my mood in such a big way. Last weekend I went to Staples, AC Moore and Burlington Coat Factory and then spent a Sunday afternoon in front of my computer printing 8.5 x 11 portraits of our vacation pictures, placing them in frames and *ta-da* we have a whole new entry way.





I scored big at Burlington, discovering three perfect matching mirrors for only $30 each. They were perfect for the wall I wanted to cover behind our bed.


Yes, that is a giant Led Zeppelin wall poster on the left. That whole wall was covered with posters but I wanted something a little less busy and more "mature". We're adults after all :P Anyways, I can't bring myself to pull that last one down, I'm trying to justify a new spot for it but it's so big that I'm having a hard time finding a new spot for the poster.


Oh yes, and why are the mirrors not on the wall? Right now, they're sitting on the floor because I didn't think about HOW I was going to secure them to the wall until I went to hang them and after my busy day of shopping, grocery shopping and decorating, I was not about to venture forth into another retail adventure!

One last addition was the Vietnam era anti draft poster I found months ago, finally framed and hung in it's new home, the bathroom.

No comments: