Saturday, April 12, 2008

Road Trip to Houston

Carl and I hit the road on March 8th at 7am and headed down 66 through the pouring rain on our way to Houston for a weeklong visit. Once we hit the Tennessee border, the rain abated and we made our first driver switch at a rest stop across from a giant guitar just as the snow started. Thankfully, we drove over the border into Georgia then on into Alabama and the bad weather was over. Nothing but blue skies and rays of sun. The rest of our drive was blissfully uneventful. We made our way down to Mississippi and stayed overnight in Meridian.




Back on the road early in the morning, we were both excited when we crossed the border into Louisiana. Okay, I was probably more excited than Carl to be so close to my home, but I know he was ready to get to our destination and out of our tiny car. In the picture below you can see the continuous 18 mile stretch of I-10 that runs through the Atchafalaya Basin through the reflection of Carls book.





By the time we made it to the Texas border, I was exhausted from driving but too excited to nap. We were only hours from my city and I could hardly wait to get there. We were fairly giddy as we drove through the rice fields and crawdaddy farms barreling on towards Houston.





No comments: